Nepal has become popular and ideal destination for film shooting and photography since it has plenty of beautiful landscape, attractive sceneries, appropriate climate and diverse culture. From Hollywood to Bollywood and other international film maker had made their film shooting in Nepal featuring natural and cultural aspects.
Nepal is Himalayan country having world highest Mountain i.e. Mt. Everest, many other snow capped mountains, world famous trekking trails, rivers, lakes, deep George, high falls, forests and its flora and fauna. It includes various fascinating UNESCO world heritage sites including heritage sites (Kathmandu Durbar Square, Bhaktapur Durbar Square, Patan Durbar Square, Lumbini- the birth place of Gautam Buddha who is regarded as the light of Asia and natural conservation areas (Chitwan National Park, Everest National Park, Annapurna Conservation Area etc) rural villages and cities (Kathmandu, Pokhara, Nagarkot, Bandipur, Nuwakot, Dhulikhel, Gorkha, Bandipur, Palpa, Chitwan, Dolpa, Manang Mustang etc). These rich natural and cultural areas provide the scope for film shooting and Photography in Nepal.
**Nepal Government's Rules and Regulations of Film, TV serial, news and documentaries Please feel free to ask for the itinerary / details for your desired filming/photographic tours in Nepal.
Nepal offers a broad platform for all aspects of filming; from Everest Photo Shoots, Annapurna Filming Nepal, Photography in the Himalayan range to National Park Filming, and Wild Life Photo Safaris.
If you want to shoot a formal Film, TV serial, News and documentaries than you have to follows the following rules and regulations of Nepal Government:
All Film Production Units desiring to film within the Kingdom of Nepal, have to apply for permission at the Government of Nepal Communication, giving full details of the sequences to be photographed in Nepal and the validity of the permit may be extended if the Unit applies in advance for such extension.
A royalty of US $1000 to US $ 1500 in case of feature film and US $ 100 to US $ 500 in case of other films like Documentary, Advertisement, and Newsreel TV etc. is to be paid for obtaining permission. A sum of Rs.1500/- must also be paid to the Nepal Film Corporation in case of a feature film and Rs. 800/- for other types of filming. The filming company is required to take out an insurance policy in favor of the liaison officer. Filming is also possible within the national parks and conservation areas.
The Unit shall operate in Nepal under the supervision and guidance of a Liaison Officer to be deputed by the Nepal Film Corporation. It may hire equipment's and services from the Nepal Film Corporation on mutually agreed term. The Unit shall not release the sequence filmed in Nepal until it is approved by the Royal Nepalese Diplomatic Office.
The Unit shall provide to the Government of Nepal Communication, Government of Nepal, and a free copy of the sequences of the film photographed in Nepal.
1. Government of Nepal Information and Communication depute a Liaison officer during the shooting of the film and the producer should bear the cost of the Liaison Officer's ground or air transport, accommodation and daily allowance according to rules. In mountainous region necessary clothes, tools and medical facilities should be provided (Non-Refundable).
2. In case of accidents during the shooting period where the Liaison officer succumbs to injuries the film producer must bear the cost of his/her medical expenses and a lump sum amount decided by the Compensation Decision Committee formed according to law which will not exceed Rs. 200,000.
3. The film producer shall make arrangement for Rs. 3,00,000 worth of life insurance of the Liaison officer covering the entire tenure of outdoor shooting. The Liaison officer will not work rather than monitor and observation of the filming.
4. Where the film producer is a foreign national he must apply for permission if the nearest Nepalese Embassy of Consulate General's Office before the public show. Rs. 10,000/- or equivalent of that amount should deposited as a royalty fees in A/C 1-1-5-99 and Rs.500/- for censor fees in concerned office. (This amount is deposited and paid after you receive the permission.)
5. Where the film producer is a foreign national he/she must submit to the MOIC a copy the film free of cost.
6. During the shooting of the film, the presence of Liaison Officer is compulsory.
Procedures for licensing , following documents are necessary :
1. Application form as prescribed by the rules affixing Nepalese postal stamp of NRS 50.
2. Synopsis of the filming story.
3. Crew members with bio-data.
4. Equipment list with values for custom clearance.
6. Consent letter of concerned organization such as Wildlife and Park, Museums, Heritage sites etc...
7. Authorization letter to the travel agency, as a local representative by the producer.
Non-compliance with the terms and conditions stated above or the Film Act of Nepal along with rules framed under it or violation of any other law currently in force in the government may result in the infringement of the Production, Exhibition and Distribution of the film.
If the production seems in the promoting Nepal: Nepal Tourism Board can assist to shoot the documentary or show. The producer should send the script or theme in detail, where will to shoot, Where will show take place and who are the audiences. It is not necessary to have Liaison officer other many government hassling can be avoided. And the whole process can be faster and cheaper. Nepal Tourism Board, will work with Government of Nepal Information and Communication.
Tour cost Includes:
1. Camera person
2. Assistant Camera Person
3. Light person
4. Trolley operator
5. Sound operator
6. Production Manager
7. Make up person (beautician)
NECESSARY EQUIPMENTS FOR SHOOTING:
1. Film Camera
2. Shooting Trolley
3. Lights & other necessary equipments
SHOOTING SPOTS/LOCATION SELECTION:
1. High Himalayan region (Dolpa, Mustang, Manang, Annapurna, Everest region etc)
2. Hilly region (low to high)
3. Valleys and pocket valleys
4. Plain region of Tarai
5. World Heritage and Cultural Sites
6. National Parks
7. Everest Base Camp and surrounding region
8. Holy sites of Kathmandu valley
9. Pokhara Valley or choose any places
10. Rural Villages
1. Various types of vehicles on rent
2. Helicopters charter
3. By plane
4. Hiking, trekking and climbing
CATERING SERVICE MANAGEMENT:
1. Managing hotels and restaurants
2. For agency’s staffs management
1. Management of Hotels in Cities, Lodges in rural areas
2. Management of camping facilities where hotels and lodges are not available
We facilitate to issue necessary permits of various restricted region by paying mentioned government royalty and fees.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Tour cost Excludes: